Friday, December 28, 2012

36w4d Update

I had a midwife/NST appointment on Wednesday. My blood pressure that day was 135/91. Protein was negative. The midwife (who I had never seen before) wanted to run a full pre-eclampsia panel, which I declined at that time based on my blood pressure being no different than the Friday before at the Perinatologist, and the fact that there was no protein in my urine. Also, she really irritated me by threatening "well then we may have to induce". Our conversation ended there, as I am not getting bullied into anything. Also, I am not longer seeing the midwives at this practice starting Monday. I requested to see an OB from this point forward because I feel like the midwives are extremely self-righteous and overly afraid of being wrong to the point of being test happy. I may not have better luck with an OB, but we shall see.

Today at the Perinatologist, my BP was 143/92. Cord blood flow and placenta function was excellent and has not declined in the 4 weeks I have been having the biophysical profiles. The perinatologist recanted the previous diagnosis of pre-eclampsia and says he feels confident this is not a pre-e case. He did not seem concerned about my BP at all and told me he'd see me next Friday.

Not thrilled about my BP but also excited that I have escaped the Pre-e diagnosis, which means I will not have to be forced into an induction at 37 weeks, which will be New Years Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment